AssetHour Episode 16: Paid Leave: Compliance Center
In this episode, Janell Stanton from The Compliance Center and Wagner, Falconer & Judd, Ltd. takes over AssetHour to share a mini-workshop webinar on Paid Leave. In this audio recording, she helps you understand Paid Leave Laws and how to be prepared as a private employer.
Janell Stanton is a Senior Associate at WFJ, the law firm that powers the Compliance Center. She focuses her practice on management-side HR and employment law, employment litigation, and corporate law. Janell advises management on strategies, methods, and policies designed to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and minimize risk and exposure to litigation.
Discussed in this episode:
- Unpaid Leave: Federal Family and Medical Leave Act
- Federal FMLA
- Unpaid Leave under the ADA
- The Advent of Paid Leave Laws
- States with Paid Family and Medical Leave Laws
- Key features of the Leave Laws, focused on private employers: scope of coverage, maximum duration of available paid leave, the amount payable for leave, job protection, the required use of other paid leave, permitted reason to leave, definition of family member, notice and posting, and funding source.
- PFML Laws on the Horizon: Minnesota proposed bill pending
- PFML Laws on the Horizon: Illinois
More from Chris:
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get episode updates and exclusive tips and tricks that we share on our other channels! Get added on our website: https://assethr.com
Get in touch with our team for sponsorship inquiries or guest host submissions: https://assethr.com
Connect with us: