AssetHour Episode 18: OSHA and Your Business: Key Considerations for HR Leaders
In this episode, Kirk Cristilly from Highpoint shares the importance of safety and why businesses should make this a top priority.
HighPoint EH & S is a company with over 40 years of Health, Safety, Environmental and D.O.T. experience. Kirk’s background includes over 11 years of work for Safety-Kleen, a national company specializing in hazardous waste and environmental services. He specifically dealt with facility inspections from county, state and federal regulatory agencies, monitoring facility inventory, health and safety compliance/training and overseeing fleet management.
Kirk has extensive knowledge and understanding of EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), DOT (Department of Transportation) and OSHA (Occupation Safety and Health Administration) regulations and compliance training.
Discussed in this episode:
- What are the main OSHA requirements one should follow if they own a business?
- Are employers required to provide safety training to employees?
- What is recordable under OSHA’s Recordkeeping Regulations?
- What are the most common OSHA violations?
- What occurs if you have an OSHA violation?
- How should one prepare and inform themselves on OSHA regulations?
More from Chris:
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get episode updates and exclusive tips and tricks that we share on our other channels! Get added on our website: https://assethr.com
Get in touch with our team for sponsorship inquiries or guest host submissions: https://assethr.com
Connect with us: