AssetHour Episode 12: Breaking Up with Non-Compete Agreements
In this episode, Janell Stanton from The Compliance Center and Wagner, Falconer & Judd, Ltd. takes over AssetHour to share a mini-workshop on breaking up with non-compete agreements. In this session, she helps you understand the new guidance on restrictive covenants and what it means for your company.
Janell Stanton is a Senior Associate at WFJ, the law firm that powers the Compliance Center. She focuses her practice on management-side HR and employment law, employment litigation, and corporate law. Janell advises management on strategies, methods, and policies designed to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and minimize risk and exposure to litigation.
Discussed in this episode:
- Who can employers enforce restrictive covenants against
- When should an employer have an employee enter into a restrictive covenant
- Where are restrictive covenants void difficult to enforce
- FTC proposed rulemaking
- Workforce Mobility Act of 2023
- What should every restrictive covenant agreement include
- How to ensure a higher likelihood of enforcement
More from Chris:
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get episode updates and exclusive tips and tricks that we share on our other channels! Get added on our website: https://assethr.com
Get in touch with our team for sponsorship inquiries or guest host submissions: https://assethr.com
Connect with us: