This blog post was submitted by one of our fantastic contributors, Marc Miller, Chief Happiness Officer at ImagineIT.
Started by the pandemic and continued by the desire for so many employees to work at home, remote work is perhaps the biggest of all trends in the HR industry. Remote work is no longer the exception. On the contrary, it has become the norm for a large percentage of workers in just about every industry worldwide.
Working remotely has become one of the most coveted employee perks. At the same time, remote work has become quite an administrative challenge for every organization. HR is now responsible for managing people across multiple locations and time zones. And HR is accountable for ensuring remote workers are engaged and healthy and can access all human resource products and services.
On the other hand, it gives employers and HR the ability to access new and previously inaccessible talent pools while also helping reduce recruitment costs. In many ways, remote/hybrid work represents a new opportunity for HR to redefine its role within businesses.
The 6 Top Remote work Collaborative Tools
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams is a business communication platform that is part of the Microsoft 365 family of products. Teams offers workspace chat and videoconferencing, file
storage, and application integration.
- Slack: Slack is a one-size-fits-all tool comprising a social media work platform, instant messaging, file sharing, and more.
- Workplace: The all-in-one business communication platform from Meta combines chat, video, groups, and your intranet with the work tools you already use daily. Imagine Facebook, but for your company.
- Flock: Flock is for collaboration. Flock allows users to configure external apps and integrations from the Flock App Store and receive notifications and updates directly in Flock. With Flock, you communicate in channels, and it helps streamline decision-making and problem-solving.
- Nuclino: Nuclino is a cloud-based team collaboration software that allows teams to collaborate and share information in real-time. Some notable features include a WYSIWYG
collaborative real-time editor and a visual representation of a team’s knowledge in a graph.
- Taskworld: Taskworld is a cloud-based collaboration platform. This SAAS solution allows you to assign admins, followers, and guests across different tasks. You also can add multiple
locations to streamline collaboration across different teams and departments to ensure everyone is aligned.
A high-performing Human Resources team need the best HR software to stay competitive and attract and retain top talent. You can use these technology trends to improve your overall
experience as an HR Director or Manager, with the ultimate goal to significantly improve your employee experience.
If you have additional questions regarding HR technology, IT, cyber security, or anything related to technology, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.