Looking to get registered for events?, click the button below:
To add your name to our invitation list for our seminars, please click HERE.
- This event has passed.
How to Amplify Your Voice with Power Phrases with Melissa Delay of TruPerception
November 21, 2019 @ 8:15 am - 11:00 am
Although we’re inching closer to the cultural tipping point of equality and respect for all in the American workplace, it can still feel difficult for professionals to feel heard, be taken seriously, manage critical relationships, or have the courage to address inappropriate comments at their expense.
That’s why you need to learn and practice specific power phrases to help manage any difficult conversations at work, and still preserve your reputation.
● The theory of power phrases and how they help amplify your voice while staying true to who you are.
● Common biased scenarios and the power phrases you can use to change topic with ease and power.
● How to redirect awkward conversations with colleagues.
● How to say what you want and maintain a respected position of power.
● Q&A session on real life challenges from attendees.
Melissa DeLay is the award-winning founder and principal owner of TruPerception. With nearly two decades of strategic and corporate communication experience–including consulting for entities such as Ameriprise Financial and the state of Minnesota, as well as holding senior positions with 3M, Carlson Companies, Maytag, and AmeriPride–she knows how to deliver the right words in the right way to drive change, manage crises, boost engagement, and build a stronger brand. Her first book, The Truth About Scandal: The Everyday Guide to Navigating Business Crises, details her years of firsthand experience coaching and consulting professionals through some of the toughest communications issues facing modern leaders today.